Lead Auditor (149538)
- Performs fieldwork activities independently on complex engagements and/or special projects.
- Coordinates and conducts risk assessment activities and independently identifies risks and related controls, and validates controls.
- Prepares as well as reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that all risks and controls (including fraud risks and controls) have been properly identified and documented, all controls have been adequately tested, and all results are based on documented evidence in accordance with applicable standards.
- Trains other auditors on how to perform audits in accordance with all applicable Standards.
- Conducts client interviews and other interactions with mid-level and senior management independently on more complex engagements.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team. Represents Internal Audit in a professional manner.
- Manages large, complex projects with larger teams.
- Independently conducts project planning and fieldwork activities, developing project objectives and procedures based on evaluation of risks and controls.
- Sets deadlines and Monitors project budget and timeline to meet project deadlines.
- Proactively communicates status of project to team and leadership.
- Provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
Audit Reporting and Communication with Management
- Develops draft reports that are timely, supported by sufficient evidence in the work papers, and in compliance with applicable standards.
- For each project, ensure that global observations and recommendations are communicated in a clear and concise manner. Incorporates graphics, as applicable, to enhance the report.
- Keeps the client and Internal Audit Management apprised of issues throughout the audit.
- Fosters relationships with Process Owners.
- Present a compelling case for audit issues and mobilize others to take action for the benefit of the institution.
Required : Bachelor's degree.
Preferred : Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
Required : Five years of experience in auditing, accounting, process improvement, financial analysis, data analytics, or financial/business/patient care operations in a healthcare environment, to include three years of direct auditing experience and one year of lead/supervisory experience. With preferred degree, three years of direct auditing experience and one year of lead/supervisory experience.
Preferred : Direct auditing experience gained in a healthcare or educational institution. Research experience, including but not limited to, grants and contracts, basic science, and/or clinical trials.
One of the following audit related certifications are required :
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified Governmental Auditing Professional (CGAP) by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 149538
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 84,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 105,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 126,500
- Science Jobs: No