Program Manager - Internal Audit (149507)
- An important component of the Internal Audit Function is to identify, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization's risk management processes and overall achievement of strategic objectives.
- Develops and provides technical expertise and support for the risk assessment process (identification, assessment, and monitoring of risks) including the creation, enhancement, and implementation of an institutional risk assessment and work plan.
- Provides process and technical expertise regarding electronic documentation for the Audit Committee.
- Reviews, develops, produces, distributes, and manages all Audit Committee deliverables, including, but not limited to Audit Committee structure, Membership, the Audit Committee Charter, Internal Audit Activity Charter, Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Work Plans, Audit Reports, Annual Reports, Presentations, Prior Recommendation Validation Reports and Meeting Schedules.
- Coordinates information from various stakeholders for presentation to the Audit Committee.
- Develops timelines and monitors submission of all Audit Committee documents to ensure accurate, consistent, and timely tracking of official Internal Audit Program records and institutional communication to include intranet posting of documents in accordance with state regulations and UT System policies for an effective Internal Audit Program.
- Manages and oversees all audit project/engagement close-out activities, ensuring the completion of Internal Quality Assurance reviews prior to final report release.
- Manages the distribution of audit project/engagement Final Reports to key internal and external stakeholders (UT System, Legislative Budget Board, State Auditor's Office, etc.).
- Develops and manages a tracking system for controlling electronic and paper work flow for audit engagements.
- Oversees the compilation of the data supporting the departmental performance metrics.
- Designs reports and creative dashboards depicting department performance.
- Presents information quarterly to staff and management during staff meetings.
- Presents quarterly reports to UT System by due dates, as required, following approval by Chief Audit Officer.
- Validates all data supporting metrics reports for accuracy.
- Develops and creates complex surveys and reports, e.g., Qualtrics, as needed, and provides technical support to the department. Prepares and launches Client Satisfaction Survey, follows up with respondents timely, and reports on results.
- Manages the Internal Audit email inbox by timely review of emails and distribution of issues to appropriate individual(s) for follow-up.
- Manages and maintains all departmental procedures to ensure up-to-date and comprehensive departmental procedures, including coordinating the review and approval process.
Special Audit Projects
- Collaborates with audit staff and/or supports data analytics, utilizing appropriate data analysis applications, in support of audit projects, as necessary.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provides ongoing reports.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Leverages business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross-functional teams to understand and collaborate on complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
Gathers information from various sources, to visually describe complex work flows using automated software applications in support of audit, assurance and investigative activities.
- At the direction of management, assists with audit related tasks, in support of the department's completion of the annual work plan.
- Oversees and monitors tracking and actions taken related to the Institution's hotline calls received from Institutional Compliance and the State Auditor's Office.
- Provides independent and advanced operational management of the audit management application, serving as one of the designated Champion for MD Anderson and liaison with UT System personnel regarding all audit management functions.
- Acting as the subject matter expert for the audit management application, serves as a resource providing technical support for audit personnel.
- Validates the accuracy of data produced in reports from the audit management application.
- Employing a high level of technical expertise, collaborates with UT System, independently troubleshooting issues with the application and identifying solutions as needed. Serves as the department liaison with Information Technology related to periodic upgrades of the application.
- Serves as technical support for MD Anderson Management and Executives within the audit management application.
- Compiles monthly reports on outstanding audit recommendations, ensuring the process owners are updated timely.
- Proactively updates UT System databases with the status of priority recommendations with limited supervision.
- Coordinates with Information Technology staff to evaluate, risk assess, and implement other mission-critical applications for the Internal Audit Department.
- Manages and oversees the application (Diligent) to support distribution of confidential material to Audit Committee Members. Resolves performance issues, if any, with Information Technology staff.
- Manages and oversees applications used by the Internal Audit Department. Strategizes with Internal Audit Management on uses of the applications and creates interactive tools to engage MD Anderson leaders and departments in the collection of responses.
- Actively participates in discussions with executive leaders in the process of response collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team.
- Represents Internal Audit in a professional manner.
Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Five years related experience to include three years program management experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
Preferred: Two years of experience working with audit management software in an administrator capacity. Proficiency in graphic art, presentations, Adobe products, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 149507
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Remote (within Texas only)
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 73,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 91,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 109,000
- Science Jobs: No