Rep Mobile Examiner - (P/T) - ExamOne / Bridgewater, NJ area (req94840)
Under the direction of the Branch Manager or Field Leader, Mobile Examiner's primary responsibility is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that mobile exams are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for applicants, clients, and employees, perform with confidence all aspects of an insurance exam, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. May also be required to act as coach, mentor, instructor, and resource person for new employees who have completed the required phlebotomy-training program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures all specimens are collected accurately and on time.
a. Collects specimens according to established procedures.
b. Conducts in center exams and mobile exams, which include taking basic vitals, medical histories, venipuncture, urine collection, and EKG. Also collects specimens for pre- employment drug screenings and other Quest Diagnostics services. Knowledge of finger stick blood draws may be necessary for some designated wellness events.
c. Responsible for completing application packets and other paperwork accurately.
d. Label, centrifuge and split specimens as required by test order.
e. Upload and complete cases in portal within 24 hrs on weekdays and within 48 hrs on weekends.
f. Package specimens for transport and ship to lab indicated on work orders.
2. Responsible for the safe and timely transporting of specimens, supplies, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
a. Maintains records of each specimen collected each day. Support Record Deletion process when directed by Management.
b. Submits original paperwork to destination.
c. Provides customer service to clients.
3. Follows current Examiner’s Manual.
a. Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
b. Maintains all appropriate Phlebotomy logs.
c. Maintains error rate of no more than 3%.
d. Confirms exams with clients day before appointment and status the case at time of confirmation.
e. Correct non-applicant errors within a 24 hour timeframe.
f. Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
g. Submits accurate expense forms, if applicable, on the required day.
h. Properly clock in and out for work assignments.
i. Provides travel logs when applicable.
4. Demonstrates organizational commitment.
a. Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times. Be aware of smoke residue and heavy fragrances.
b. Wear company issued identification badge at all times during work assignments.
c. Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
d. Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
e. Communicates appropriately with customers, agents, applicants, coworkers and the general public.
f. Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager or Supervisor.
g. Remains polite and courteous at all times.
5. Additional responsibilities required of Mobile Examiner.
a. Ensures facilities or work areas are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Manager or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance; Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled.
b. Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to Manager or Supervisor as they occur; stocks supplies as needed.
c. Provide supply orders as specified by Branch Manager.
d. Work effectively with staff employees to ensure compliance with dress code, EHS & QA requirements, customer service requirements and SOP’s, advising Manager or Supervisor of any issues or problems as they arise.
e. Performs other department-related clerical duties when assigned.
f. Answers phone and dispatch calls when assigned.
g. Participates on teams and special projects when asked.
h. Assist Manager or Supervisor with the implementation of SOPs for examiner services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
i. With direction and guidance from Manager or Supervisor, and having appropriate training guidelines, act as mentor and resource person for new employees providing support for department protocols, practices and procedures.
j. Assist with distribution of technical information and communications to the work group.
k. Flexible travel (up to 25 mile radius) and flexible work hours.
m. Maintain dates of availability and dates unavailable in designated scheduling application.
6. All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
7. Required use of company i-pad or specified electronic device.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
• Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant certification preferred (ASCP certification required in some states/ state license as required).
• Minimum 100 documented successful blood draws required.
• Minimum one year phlebotomy experience. Experience with pediatric and geriatric patients a plus.
• Prefer urine or hair follicle collection and EKG experience.
Physical and Mental:
• Sitting for periods of time
• Standing while performing work
• Driving to and from work assignments
• Lifting no more than 40 pounds.
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM.
• Must have valid driver license and clean driving record with access to dependable/insured transportation.
• Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft office with the ability to learn new software.
• Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Access to cell phone with texting and emailing capabilities.
• Access to computer with scanning, printing and faxing capabilities.