Mgr, Strategy & Ops Customer Care - Sr. (req94559)
Secaucus, New Jersey-based Quest Diagnostics is a provider of diagnostic information services and operates in the United States, (including Puerto Rico), United Kingdom, Mexico, and Brazil. The company engages a workforce of about 46,000 employees, a medical and scientific staff of more than 600 MDs and PhDs across hundreds of different locations, supplying a broad range of diagnostic products. They perform testing for approximately 550,000 patients every day, as well as provide information and services for healthcare providers, pharmaceutical medical device companies, life insurance companies and employers. Quest Diagnostics was named to Fortune Magazine's 2019 World's Most Admired Companies list in the Health Care industry category of 'Pharmacy and Other Services' for the third consecutive year. No matter what role you would have at Quest, the company expects you to commit to their imperative goal of improving human health. Quest values your commitment and dedication with medical, supplemental health, dental and vision plans, wellness benefits, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax 401(k) savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, competitive paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting career opportunities in the healthcare industry which is rapidly changing. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Consumer Initiated Testing (CIT) is the fast-growing B2C division at Quest offering a chance to work in a start-up environment within the world leader in the diagnostics industry. CIT allows patients to purchase their own laboratory tests without going to a doctor. This business provides consumers access to a diverse menu of over fifty tests and we are continually optimizing our offerings. Currently available options range from a Comprehensive Health Profiles to Vitamin Testing to COVID-19 Antibody testing. With CIT, patients can select, purchase, and pay for tests online, manage their testing appointment online, get easy-to-understand results through their secure account, and discuss questions with a physician.
We are transforming the consumer experience and leading digital transformation for the organization. If you are a person who is excited about building new businesses and want to apply your skills and knowledge, inspire colleagues, and do work to serve people on their journey for better health, join us.
- Serve as leader that ensures the customer journey is smooth and frictionless. Build internal engagement strategy and plan for current and new experiences.
- Setup and optimize operations for new and current delivery or customer experience models (e.g., HSA/ FSA reimbursement; click and collect for kits, mobile phlebotomy, billing models, etc.).
- Be main point of contact for operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Run complex, cross-functional CIT projects, and initiatives to drive growth and scale world-class experience for our consumers; have a demonstrated track record of multi-tasking and coordinating efforts across multiple stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement for Operations through project management processes, feeding ideas, recommendation of tools used & updating processes where needed.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct current and new activities related to testing and communication with customers in support of key customer-facing initiatives.
- Create/ track Operations success metrics and share weekly and monthly reporting across the CIT team to support data-driven decisions.
- Monitor demand volumes and manage inventory of appointment-based and physical inventory for at-home kits.
- Work closely with product managers through the lifecycle of product development to advocate for new products/ features that deliver better outcomes for the consumer and business.
- Own and, in some cases create, vendor relationships to enable or improve CIT Operations
- Have strong Excel and data analytics capabilities, including comfort building financial models and inventory forecasts to drive decision making on day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives.
- Package insights from data analysis into slide output to facilitate structured executive engagement and decision making.
- Discover and translate corporate and regulatory guidelines that impact customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for operational change and development that drive efficiencies and value by ease of doing business; document the operational models or efficiencies in a playbook.
- Document current Operations activities and develop Operations best practices related to customer success strategies.
- Identify, plan, and communicate CIT-wide risks and roadblocks to current or new projects.
- Have a customer-centric approach and the ability to build positive partnerships with internal and external CIT stakeholders to optimize performance and customer experience.
Required Work Experience:
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in business strategy/ consulting, operations, investment banking or related; experience in high growth start-up
- Retail, supply chain, logistics and/or eCommerce
- Platform-oriented businesses
Preferred Work Experience:
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in business strategy/ consulting, operations, investment banking or related; experience in high growth start-up
- Inventory management
- Volume and/or budget forecasting
- CX design
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
- Manage multiple priorities, adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Working on a computer for long periods of time
Knowledge and Skills:
People Leader Responsibility: Previous people leader experience not required, but nice to have.
Travel Required: Domestic Up to 20%
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred Education: MBA or equivalent
- A combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration master of disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Comfort with ambiguity