Social Worker - Kansas City or Overland Park, KS (15646850)
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
The primary role of the Social Worker (SW) is to assess the psychosocial needs of members and provide solution-focused care coordination to address issues that impede their ability to adhere to their medical care plan. The SW is an active member of the Interdisciplinary care team (IDT). Social work services will be provided in home, telephonically and/or video.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This is a Monday-Friday role based from both the field and your home office; no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Facilitating serious illness / goals of care discussion with the patient and family
- Conducting an assessment of the patient’s and family’s strengths and needs; this may be done in the home, telephonically and or video
- Developing collaborative care plan goals with the patient and family and/ or caregivers and IDT members
- Connecting patient and/ or patient’s family/ caregiver to appropriate community resources and supports
- Providing solution focused case management
- Providing brief therapeutic interventions to patient and family
- Utilizing motivational interviewing (MI) and other psychotherapeutic techniques to elicit behavior change
- Promoting patient and family self-management strategies
- Enhancing connectivity between patients and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Navigating community resources and developing community partnerships to improve access to care and ease of systems navigation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- Meet all state certification and licensing requirements
- 3+ years of social work experience (internship not included)
- 2+ years of social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of accessing community resources
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Palliative and/or hospice care experience
- Experience in delivering home-care or field case management
Below is a description of the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Initial high frequency visits to patient residences followed by as needed visits during market implementations
- Will require regular travel to patient residences and non-home-based market offices
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.