Administrative Assistant - Cheektowaga, NY (15646826)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am – 5pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Create/maintain multiple calendars, organizational charts, documents and ongoing communications
- Support meeting planning, including creating PowerPoint decks, agendas, travel arrangements, facilitating, hosting, note taking, logistics and all communications
- Perform Business Segment Liaison (BSL) activities, as needed which may include technology hardware/software acquisition or disposal, and new employee onboarding.
- Maintain awareness of potential issues and/or repairs needed within the office environment (e.g., office equipment; HVAC; cleaning; security; furniture services) and coordinate/oversee maintenance and repair
- Manage purchase order process while internal ordering systems, and process expense reports
- Responsible for checking mailroom for incoming as well as outgoing packages
- Develop and send out approved site communications/notifications of upcoming events and send emails out on behalf of the site Director.
- Manage our supply orders and monitor inventory
- Maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Perform all job functions while leveraging technology and training others on systems, programs and applications including; SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office suite
- Other duties as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Microsoft Office tools including Excel: Creating and managing employee lists, managing simple hierarchies, schedules and budgets, Word: Creating, editing and formatting documents, creating flyers, PowerPoint: creating and editing, Outlook: sending and managing email, creating calendar invites and managing site director’s calendar; and Microsoft Teams: setting up virtual meetings using Microsoft Teams, using Teams to send chat messages and using Teams channels to post updates for our staff.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, proofreading, and teamwork skills
- Ability to proactively anticipate unexpected or unplanned situations
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED