Tech Data Entry I - SSDC (req95716)
JOB TITLE: Tech Data Entry I - SSDC
LOCATION: Lenexa, KS
SCHEDULE: F/T Tuesday - Saturday 2.30 pm - 11.00 pm EVENINGS
2nd shift and comes with a 10% shift differential + a $1,000 sign on bonus (50% after 3 months of the start date and 50% after 9 months of the start date)
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
The DET I is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department. This position requires a data entry background. Functions performed may include but are not limited to determining and verifying client codes and additional tests and entering information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS), utilizing Image.Now and Read.Soft applications in both English and French, and resolving discrepancies in both English and French, utilizing the Image.Now application to enter information into the Quest Toxicology Network (QTN). All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and the ability to learn and memorize client codes. The DET I must have to the ability learn and understand the rules related to selecting client codes which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the DET I is required. The DET I will be exposed to many different demands made by the customer. Majority of DET I work, on the dayshift, but based on staffing needs, weekends, holidays, on call and overtime is a requirement. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
1. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the DET I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together.
2. Demonstrates good organizational skills by keeping company code manual current at all times.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to Specimen Processing
4. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
5. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
6. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
7. Works Same Day Processing Mandatory Overtime as required.
8. Learns additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively and is cooperative with all levels of staff.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety, confidentiality, and compliance policies and procedures.
6. Practices good safety habits.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean.
8. Able to sit for long periods.
9. Ability to visually interpret and retain information for long periods of time
10. Attention to detail
11. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
12. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent with one year of verifiable work history
2. Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
3. Position requires data background with abilities to enter 9000 keystrokes/hour.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]