Provider Engagement Representative - Telecommute in Northwestern U.S (15769810)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Provider Engagement Representative is responsible for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within Optum, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, and training & development of external provider education programs. Provider Relations Advocates design and implement programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, SNF, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Ensure Network deliverables in support of business development activities for new ISNP/IESNP implementations.
If you reside in the Northwestern United States, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain overall UnitedHealthcare business relationships with Skilled Nursing Facilities & Assisted Living Facilities
- Support all education opportunities on UnitedHealthcare businesses which include in person and telephonic interactions
- Lead and/or support external facing Account and business review meetings with key Skilled Nursing Facility staff
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines cross functionally within the organization
- Investigate non-standard requests and issues, prior to escalation if needed
- Work exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Compass Data Base - update & maintain regularly with information following AR, Bus Review and JOC Meetings with facilities
- Support Post-Acute Priorities
- ISNP and IE-SNP Business Development– assist with planned growth initiatives for ISNP/IE-SNP business
- Education and Training to facilities on Medication Adherence requirements for members
- Provide outreach and education on updated policies, new initiatives, performance, and others as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- Ability to travel regionally up to 25%
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare/Medicaid regulations
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in a Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living Facility
- Experience with Salesforce/Compass databases
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment