Payroll II Analyst (req95547)
Payroll Analyst II - Hybrid
The incumbent(s) have the full responsibility and ownership to administer payroll independently for approximately 50k plus employees. Incumbent is expected to have the overall knowledge of laws related to processing payroll including understanding and administering the federal, state and local tax withholdings and setting up of garnishments as ordered by courts and authorities. Must provide full-service payroll to all employees and be able to work with minimum supervision. Responsibility also includes loading and auditing time and attendance and special payment files in the system and printing checks. Administers company policy and ensures compliance to FLSA and state wage payment laws. Reports to the Corporate Payroll Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews activity report and independently analyzes each activity and take the follow up steps on each for accurate paycheck calculation.
- Sets up garnishments, student loans, child support and other legal requests as needed.
- Complete interrogatories and contact courts for legal clarification.
- Performs the file transfers of Time and Attendance hours, researches invalid data and reconciles file totals.
- Handles incoming payroll requests using the Oracle Helpdesk system.
- Work as a team to handle large volume of incoming VOEs
- Handles incoming payroll department phone calls and emails. Document and resolve incoming tickets.
- Analyzes government or court orders and establishes garnishment limits, disposable pay and eligible earnings for deductions on employee payroll records for all Quest locations.
- Audits the data entered daily for accuracy.
- Reviews all Payroll audit reports and research exceptions.
- Administers Pay Card issuance by assigning cards and uploading the data on the vendor data base to issue Pay Cards. Also, works with the vendor to resolve issues related to the employee Pay Card transactions.
- Reviews reports on HCM Oracle Employee Self Service activities and performs the necessary follow up with employees.
- Generates queries and remits employee deductions withheld for QuestPac, United Way, etc. by requesting accounts payable checks or wire transfers. Follows up to ensure funds have been wired.
- Produces the accounts payable garnishment register and reconciles garnishment payments made by AP to the deduction amounts on payroll.
- Responsible for reviewing and notifying the payroll bank of direct deposit recalls and the notification of Quest employees of account number changes that are required for direct deposit. Performs other on-line banking functions.
- Prints bi-weekly checks, advices and reports on laser printers and seals forms on special sealer equipment. At year-end, prints W-2 forms and maintains the files to produce W-2 reprints for employees who have misplaced their forms.
- Reconciles W-2 and reviews for the final release. Prepares W-2c to amend the original W-2.
- Reconciles manual paychecks/advices against the report for mailing.
- Responds to employee payroll inquiries as needed on the Payroll Customer Call Center hotline, which may include investigating issues and consulting with group leads or supervisors.
- Provides support on the Payroll Customer Call Center hotline to the Managers from all business units, by consulting and resolving issues on the WorkForce Central time keeping system.
- Works with the collection agency to process collection of monies due from terminated employees.
- Assists in special payroll projects as required by the department or upper management.
Skills and Qualifications:
BS or BA preferred; CPP/FPC preferred; good PC skills helpful; at least 2 years of full-service payroll experience minimum. Oracle HCM Cloud knowledge and experience a plus.
Key Contacts and Interfaces:
HRSC, Garnishment vendors