Histotechnologist I - CA
Histotechnologist I - CA - West Hills, CA - Monday-Friday
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
- Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
- Perform all special stain procedures.
- May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
- May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
- May perform IHC testing
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
- Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Histotechnician
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP.
Key Word Search:
- Histology, IHC, Grossing, Embedding, Microtomy, Histotechnician, Histotechnologist