Research Scientist (150402)
- Assist principal investigator with preparation of grants and papers, including drafting documents, scientific analysis, and editing
- Determine specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluate research data and revise techniques or approaches to work problems
- Supervise the design, development or adapting of equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results
- Perform laboratory maintenance such as maintaining/cleaning equipment, organizing repair procedures, maintain lab stocks, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Plan and supervise the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
- Promote safety in the laboratory by enforcing use of personal protective equipment; ensure proper handling of chemical spills, broken glassware, and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous laboratory chemicals.
- Other duties as assigned
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree.
Required: With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
Preferred: Five years of related experience to include research work at MDACC.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 150402
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 55,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 68,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 82,000
- Science Jobs: Yes