Associate Director, Perioperative Nursing - Main Operating Room (149819)
- Develops and manages unit personnel, supplies and preference cards to respond in a cost-effective manner to changing patient, staff and multidisciplinary team requirement.
- Remains accountable for design, implementation and evaluation of unit staffing plans considering skill mix, staff and patient care requirements. Analyzes plans for compliance with established personnel budget.
- Recognized as a partner to physicians to facilitate standardization of cases for product efficiencies, best practices and allowing nurses time for patient caring
- Involved in documentation & EMR technology to assure ease of use, supports flow and reflects care, product use itemization and utilization of data collection.
- Manages human resource activities for all clinical and clerical staff including recruitment, retention, supervision, evaluation and productivity.
- Identifies recruits, develops and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management, career counseling, award program, shared governance and conflict resolution.
- Balances clinical time so staff sees as accessible, knowledgeable to processes, accountable
- to challenges.
- Directs and develops audits to assess areas for needs improvement
Exemplary Professional Practice:
- Assures a measurable, outcome focused, systematic approach to care delivery.
- Assures development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, institutional and national practice standards.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations. Seeks opportunities to broaden business perspective and knowledge.
New Knowledge, Innovation and Improvements:
- Challenges status quo. Embraces, communicates, and promotes effective change.
- Actively participates in, assists and / or leads unit, divisional and/or institutional improvement projects. Communicates information to appropriate individuals.
- Promotes innovative solutions by encouraging innovation in others.
- Ensures staff involvement with new technology, surgical procedures and practices in the Perioperative setting.
- Promotes, encourages and coaches staff in the use of current research and evidence-based practice as the basis for patient care.
Empirical Quality Results
- Initiates systems to manage and improve unit performance and processes based on outcome data.
- Assumes leadership role in managing the quality of services provided at the unit level, across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization.
- Explores opportunity through benchmarking similar ORs and unit populations.
- Aligns staffing patterns and position numbers with needs of units and efficiencies of critical communications.
- Reviews patient and staff satisfaction data and responds with appropriate action plans.
- Monitors turnover patterns to identify trends and responds with action plans.
- Adheres to AORN Recommended Practices and Standards, Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies; and Association of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) Standards. Actively promotes and monitors adherence to practice standards within the Perioperative environment.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Preferred: Master's degree in Nursing.
Required: Six years of perioperative nursing experience. Two years of management experience in the management of direct patient care activities. Successful completion of the LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of required supervisory or management experience.
Preferred: 10 years of Management experience
Required: Current State of Texas professional nursing license. (RN)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 149819
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 99,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 124,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 148,800
- Science Jobs: No