Research Assistant I - Recombinant Antibody Production Core (150451)
- Provide experimental and technical support for ongoing research projects.
- Perform duties in accordance with general and/or specific plans.
- Assists in the design of laboratory experiments, techniques, and protocols.
- Processes, organizes and summarizes data, reporting experiment results using a variety of scientific, word processing, spreadsheet or statistical software applications or program platforms.
- Preparation of tissues, cell cultures, blood samples, and perform other laboratory duties, such as the handling of laboratory animals.
- Assist in general laboratory operation, ensures the laboratory is prepared for experiments, performs related laboratory maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and assisting with monitoring and stocking supplies, preparation of stock solutions and other reagents.
- Collect and analyze data from experimental procedures and discuss results with the principal investigator.
- Document experimental results and maintain an organized laboratory notebook.
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
Expertise and Specialization
- Apply basic background in science to the application of laboratory techniques, using judgment, analysis and evaluation.
- Read literature and confer with superiors regarding new procedures.
- Master essential skills and techniques used in the laboratory.
- Contribute to the laboratory.
- Pursue learning and self-development.
- Actively seek feedback.
- Transfer learning into next steps.
Required: Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Experience in an academic or other laboratory setting. Experience with cell culture and routine molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 150451
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 31,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,800
- Science Jobs: Yes