Accounting Clerk (15907927)
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all point-of-sale transactions of the business have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company's accounting process. Must be familiar with [Register to View] , bookkeeping, basic computer skills, working in teams and working alone under self-direction. Good communications skills are essential, as the position has contacts to various levels within the organization, as well as customers.
- Record and reconcile point-of sale transactions for multiple locations, systems and banks daily – including matching point-of-sale records to bank deposits
- Assist trainers in training pharmacy staff in point-of-sale related end of day procedures
- Provide pharmacy accounting support as needed
- Send point-of-sale monthly detail report to Senior Management
- Perform daily/weekly deposits of miscellaneous checks received via desktop deposit system and prepare related journal entry to record
- Perform miscellaneous statistical journal entries
- Provide coverage for team as needed
- Have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Senior Manager or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Point-of-Sale retail bookkeeping experience preferred
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.