Senior Materials Management Rep (150640)
- Logistics Area - supporting daily operations acting as team lead:
- Act as Supervisor designee in the absence of leadership
- Assist in coordination of maintenance and repair of Materials Management Services vehicles.
- Serve as backup---and act as lead Performing receipt of supplies, linen and/or equipment by checking merchandise against order documents. Document deficiencies, if any, examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors and refer problem situations to appropriate personnel for resolution. Deliver all requests for supplies, linen, equipment and/or packages to assigned areas in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Serve as backup and act as lead ---Drive regularly scheduled or unscheduled routes between buildings and deliver supplies, materials, and equipment; pick up, carry and deliver materials to specified locations. Complete Driver Log following each trip and notate all gasoline purchases.
- Serve as backup---Operate materials handling equipment to include carts, pallet jacks, hand truck and ergo-tug. Perform routine maintenance and inspection of materials handling equipment utilized
by Materials Management Services. Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock handling equipment.
- Serve as backup and act as lead in placing approved orders with vendors via computer download of par level and other inventories. In the event of a system failure, this function may be handled manually. Operate a handheld device for inventory management and/or signature capture. Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of materials and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors with the guidance of leadership. Maintain records for inventory, acquisition and transfer to ensure proper chain of custody for all inbound deliveries, distribution, inventory, asset management and returns.
- Serve as backup---Demonstrate competence in accessing information and performing tasks (issues, credits, print out of various reports) from the following software systems: materials management, point of use, patient charge labeling, linen management, package tracking, asset management and institutional mail.
- Serve as backup---Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities. Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Serve as backup-and act as lead unloading, breaking down, and stickering /labeling materials for delivery, distribution, replenishment, inventory or asset control, as required, for all areas serviced by MDACC to include par level areas or inventory locations
- Serve as backup---Receive and count stock items and equipment and record data manually or via computer (PeopleSoft, McKesson, Asset Management and Vuetura).
- Serve as backup---Maintain and prepare emergency carts and perform accurate emergency cart checks on assigned units.
- Serve as backup---Properly label or tag equipment or supplies before placing in the proper location.
- Responsible for overall housekeeping of warehouse/storage areas; maintaining supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and other requirements safety regulations. Participate in preparing and conducting of inventories in all areas as required by leadership.
- Maintain the following skills; meet established deadlines, successfully completing assigned team or individual projects on time, staying on task and self-monitoring deadline status, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service; promote collaboration and customer based understanding of the essential steps necessary to avoid and resolve materials handling errors, stock outages , product damage and expiration, invoice and asset tag management exceptions.
- Acts as Departmental Representative and lead: interacting with OR, Supply Chain Services, patient care and departmental representatives as needed to ensure proper performance of materials handling functions.
- Acts as departmental representative and lead collaborating with medical and nursing staffs to ensure material needs are met through direct contact and participation on committees and special projects..
- Collaborate with clinical/research/administrative/facilities customers, vendors, MMS leadership and others when required to reconfigure processes and/or supplies and equipment sourced, delivered/received and or tagged.
- Departmental representative and Acts as lead interacting with customers and MMS leadership to identify concerns and effect resolutions and demonstrate ability to provide rapid response to problems and the ability to utilize concentration skills in stressful situations.
- Also you are expected to learn and maintain competency in the software applications utilized to support the Materials Management Services operations while mentoring and providing training to departmental staff as required.
- Responsible for attending all training within the department and pass the necessary test with a percentage of 80% accuracy which is an Institutional requirement and act as a trainer when required.
- Serve as backup and act as lead with Materials Management Services staff, patient care customers and chargemaster the processing of patient charges and any related issues under the guidance of the MMS Manager of Finance.
- Participate in staff meetings as required by Materials Management Services leadership
- Participate as required by leadership in the rounding activity measurement for compliance to customer service expectations.
- Data management to ensure the appropriate accounting for materials resources and their appropriate distribution as required.
- Serve as backup and act as lead in maintaining records for inventory, acquisition and transfer of materials to ensure proper chain of custody, availability, accounting and accuracy for all incoming/outgoing materials (i.e. disposable/non-disposable materials, supplies and, equipment (i.e. capital, controlled or non-capital).
- Clerical activities to include processing of receipts, transfers of assets from/to warehouse and other data collection activities as directed via manual or computer entry.
- Serve as back up and act as lead in operating a handheld device for inventory, replenishment, tagging and distribution management and/or signature capture. Demonstrate competence in accessing information and performing tasks (issues, credits, print out of various reports) from the following software systems: materials management, point of use, patient charge labeling, linen management, package tracking, institutional mail and asset management.
- Serve as back up and act as lead maintaining and utilizing RFID tagging as required to support DME (durable medical equipment) tracking.
- Other Duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
Five years of relevant work experience to include three years in inventory, logistics or a related field. With preferred Associate's degree three years of business or administrative experience to include two years in logistics, inventory or a related field. With preferred Bachelor's degree, one year of experience in business, administrative, logistics, inventory, or related field.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 150640
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 34,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 43,100
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 51,500
- Science Jobs: No