The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Perform imaging exams and care for patients with a Rad/FL exam ordered by a
· Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times.
· Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers.
· Reliability: Communicates frequently, honestly and openly.
· Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values.
· Safety: Models safe behavior (wears badge and personal protective equipment, washes hands, and keeps work area clean and orderly); Notices a safety concern or emergency, understands role and uses proper procedures to report it; Mitigates
risk to the institution through sound business practices; Demonstrates ethical and personal responsibility in work and behavior
· Responsiveness: By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Encourages learning, creativity and new ideas.
· Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative: Helps others to identify and solve problems; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Technical Skills, Accuracy, Communication and Critical Thinking -Functions within professional scope of practice to provide high quality care while working in a dynamic, complex team oriented highly productive patient care environment.
-Images patients utilizing approved protocols/procedures and brings questions forward before imaging patients.
-Demonstrates skills required to successfully complete clinical competencies and can function independently without direct supervision.
-Ensures that patient studies are reviewed for accuracy, coded and charged appropriately.
-Demonstrates the ability to address and handle patient care concerns, notifies the radiologist if when gross pathological findings are discovered.
-Responsible for quality assurance activities on technical equipment and collaborates with appropriate parties to resolve image quality issues.
-Communicates professionally, effectively and in a timely manner with all patient care providers, patients and guests. Practices responsible use of communication tools (whiteboard, paging systems, telephones, email, fax, etc.).
-Technical accuracy: imaging studies are appropriately imaged and error rates are minimized to appropriate established levels.
-Responsible for in depth knowledge of all routine section specific protocols/procedures. Able to perform specialized procedures/protocols with limited assistance.
-Accurately enters data into systems, (i.e., PACS, equipment systems, electronic medical record, and other computer systems).
Patient Care and Safety -Ensures all patients are provided care in a safe environment, free of hazards. Provides full attention to the patient and the procedure.
-Demonstrates knowledge of Age Specific Criteria in carrying out work duties and tasks.
-Demonstrates the ability to address and handle patient care concerns or other problems by utilizing critical thinking to analyze and evaluate cause and affect outcomes and effectively implement solutions. Corrects problems as they arise and notifies supervisor/manager when assistance is required to do so.
-Correctly identifies patients using approved identifiers.
-Implements all safety and fall precautions and communicates needs with team members through effective methods. Recognizes patient distress signs, initiates and follows emergency procedures: nurse/physician, DIURT, CODE. Documents incidents, variances, unusual circumstances or patient concerns and notifies appropriate personnel as needed.
-Properly administers contrast agents, utilizes sterile or aseptic technique where applicable. Reviews medications and allergies. Follows the five rights of drug administration.
-Ensures work areas and equipment is safe, clean, organized and appropriate supplies are available for the procedures and checklists are completed (includes emergency supplies).
-Protect patients from ionizing radiation by following ALARA and Image Gently
radiation safety guidelines, providing lead shielding when applicable and by monitoring technical imaging parameters.
Service, Productivity and Efficiency -Exhibits and maintains a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times. Respectful and professional at all times when interacting with patients and guests, staff and faculty.
-Maintains high productivity levels. Actively seeks opportunities to assist in overall patient care activities in the department. This may include escorting patients from holding areas to scanner, offering to work over when needed, assisting peers and nursing staff.
-Effectively manages patient flow and minimizes delays by utilizing critical thinking to analyze and evaluate cause and affect outcomes and effectively implement solutions. Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work effectively and efficiently.
-Ensures completion of all duties and conducts daily verbal hand-off communication to relief technologist at shift end.
-During system failure, performs down time procedures and immediately reports to supervisor for reassignment of duties.
-Relays all equipment malfunctions to the DI Engineering Team, supervisor and manager with appropriate information readily available.
-All other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned
Self-Adaptability - Work in situations involving uncertainty, shifting priorities, and rapid change; deal constructively with mistakes and setbacks; demonstrate flexibility.
Professionalism - Employee demonstrates commitment to collaborative professional relationships with physicians and all members of the heath care team.
Team with Others - Initiate, develop, and manage relationships and networks;
encourage collaboration and input from all team members; value the contributions of all team members; balance individual and team goals.
Provide service to our customers, including patients, patient caregivers, referring
physicians and each other, in a reliable, responsive, safe, friendly and courteous manner.
• Promotes inclusiveness and collegiality by demonstrating respect and professionalism to others at all times
• Models safe, ethical behavior, mitigating risk to the institution through sound business practices, and adherence to MD Anderson's Standards of Conduct, institutional policies and procedures
• Responds to requests in a timely manner, communicating expectations for procedures, service arrival, or project deliverables to patients and coworkers
• Admits when wrong, apologize and take steps to resolve a situation to help to patients and coworkers before being asked
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of an accredited program by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
EXPERIENCE: No experience. All of the following: Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (TMB) as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist (CMRT). Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 150674
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 53,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 66,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79,000
- Science Jobs: No