The Division of Pharmacy at MD Anderson Cancer Center strives to be the industry leader in providing premier patient-centered care, based on excellence and innovation in patient care, services, research and education. We strive to ensure safe, effective and cost-conscious medication use and to work with our health care colleagues to promote optimal drug therapy outcomes through the development of integrated, quality programs.
Senior Tech Proficiencies
Sterile Compounding/Preparation Demonstrates proficiency in the following areas, meeting accuracy and productivity standards:
1. hazardous and non-hazardous
2. investigational drug preparation (including Phase 1, 2, and 3)
3. viral/ BCG/ vaccines
5. ambulatory pumps
6. high risk sterile validation
1. Reviews and monitors par levels
2. Reconciles inventory counts in appropriate systems
3. Properly manages vial inventory (e.g. lot management access)
4. Ordering/receiving medications and supplies
5. Tech-Check-Tech certified (per area)
6. Accurately and efficiently completes cycle counts and inventory audits
7. Troubleshoots, reports, and follows-up with medication storage devices (e.g. refrigerators)
8. Resolves controlled access cabinet discrepancy reports
9. Reviews and addresses recall notification requests
1. Equipment maintenance (e.g. balances, printers, computers, scanners)
2. Process review and document updates (e.g. SOPs, competencies)
3. CADD pump and supply management
4. Alaris pump preventative maintenance and library update management
5. Monitors and reconciles inventory systems reports (e.g. medication outdates)
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent.
Certificate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program.
One year pharmacy technician experience in a hospital, infusion center or retail pharmacy.
IV sterile preparation experience, ACPE IV Sterile Products Competency
Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
ACPE Sterile Products Certification
Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 150984
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Evening/Night
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 68,500
- Science Jobs: No