Manager of Case Management - Texas (16032837)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Case Management for the STAR Plus program will manage staff that supports the Service Coordination teams in the secondary review process, ensuring documentation support of functional assessments. This position will manage a team of 12-15 people including Registered Nurses and Clinical Admin Coordinators.
If you are located anywhere that has the business, Northeast, Travis, Waco, Corpus, Harris, TX.you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating)
- Takes lead role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs
- Sets team direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to members of the team
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and performance guarantees
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to ensure timely completion of assessments
- Oversees the department's daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, reviews work of staff to ensure that policies and guidelines are appropriately applied
- Collaboration with other Managers and staff to ensure that we are implementing services appropriately and timely.
- Continuous process improvement activities and training, leading and participation in cross functional teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Texas
- 5+ years of Nursing experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care case management, home health care or clinical experience in acute/rehab
- 3+ years of experience with long term care services and support, including completion and review of functional assessments
- 3+ years of Medicare and/or Medicaid experience
- 2+ years in Managed Care Medicaid
- SharePoint reporting experience
- Advanced MS office use including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Participant in a UHC Ambassador Program (i.e., Culture, Business of Healthcare, Mentor, etc.)
- Experience in participation on committees, including advocacy groups or HHSC
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.