Patient Care Coordinator (16121129)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Patient Care Coordinator for our Jacksonville, FL office.
Schedule: Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some on call and after hour work and some weekend work.
Office location: 8380 Baymeadows Rd Ste 12., Jacksonville, FL
- Reviews and processes paperwork turned in by field clinicians for accuracy-uploads to patients EMR
- Prepares all physician orders and plan of treatments for the home health liaison who coordinates with physicians to obtain signature
- Faxes all necessary documentation to physician office for review
- Assists with managing and ordering of the home health nursing supplies, maintaining supply room with adequate supplies and sufficient par levels
- Performs additional duties as assigned by manager
- Responsible for daily scheduling of all physician orders, new referrals, and schedules with appropriate field clinicians. and reports new or pertinent patient information to field clinicians
- Reviews and Processes all Patient Discharges/Therapy Evaluations/Active Patient census
- Assists CTMs with contacting field clinicians and relaying information in reference to patient care updates/pertinent patient information
- Frequently communicates with management regarding unassigned patient visits to ensure all patients receive care within the timeframe required per physician orders
- Participates with on-call rotation for home health approximately one week per month to include shared holiday coverage
- Coordinates with Home Health Intake Department on all new patient referrals for accuracy and timeliness
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View]
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- 1+ years excellent computer skills, typing skills (minimum 40 wpm) and knowledge of word processing software highly desirable
- 1+ year possesses ability to operate computer terminal, printer, fax, and copier machines, multi-phone system
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #RPO, #Red, Medical Scheduler, Jacksonville, FL, Florida, WellMed, hiring immediately , Patient Care Coordinator