Part Time - Access Service Representative (Northwell) - Manhasset, NY (16111178)
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Opportunities with Northwell Health. Bring your passion for health care to Northwell Health, an Optum partner in New York. We’re a team that’s committed to providing excellent service to every patient, every time. Employed by Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will support Revenue Cycle Management at Northwell Health. Here, we bring together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. ℠
This Access Service Representative position is Part Time (15 hours) Schedule, 3:00pm to 11:00pm, Sat/Sun/Holidays. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends. Our office is located at 300 COMMUNITY DR, Manhasset, NY.
We offer 4 to 5 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday.
- Work in conjunction with the Financial Services Team and the Contact Center
- Processing Payment files and analyzing audit reports
- Working within spreadsheets, entering information
- Requesting, Printing and Processing Itemized Bills
- Processing Return mail and updating new addresses as provided
- Printing and Mailing Patient Letters
- Ability to run mailroom equipment (inserter machine, postal scale and meter)
- Running and pulling reports
- Analyzing accounts for various requests and account resolution
- Receiving, Processing and Sending correspondence (internally and interoffice)
- Working within a team environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save and send documents) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables)
- Ability to work part time, 15 hours per week, part time, 15 hours per week, 3:00pm to 11:00pm, Sat/Sun/Holidays
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience in Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician's office setting, Healthcare Insurance Company, revenue cycle vendor, and / or other revenue cycle - related role
- Understanding of Insurance Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to maintain HIPAA compliance and guidelines
- Experience in EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED