Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (16165767)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The 340B Validation Analyst is responsible for managing all aspects of the process and reporting for Covered Entities that do not use a conventional Third-Party Administrator. This position is an analytic and process driven position that primarily focuses on data processing for a large book of business. The 340B Validation Analyst should have a some working knowledge of pharmacy data including but not limited to (NPI, NDC, DEA numbers etc). This encompasses all lines of business offered by OptumRx 340B. Responsible for collaborating and interacting with multiple internal departments and external clients. Coordinates with MVP Manager and Operations Director to demonstrate appropriate invoicing, replenishment, and claim eligibility.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monthly end-to-end processing. This includes receipt and validation of National Provider Identifier (NPI), dispense data pull and delivery, quality assurance (QA) checks of dispense data, QA and delivery of recommended orders, invoice generation and dissemination
- Create pivot tables, monitor trends, data omissions, and completing data QA
- Utilizes knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within data and reporting fields and understands business and pharmacy related concepts, and analysis and forecasting, relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Research and coordinate with enterprise data teams to facilitate automation projects
- Manage and present the completion and submission of required documents to all necessary internal and external partners for project plan completion. Includes coordinating with inventory, store operations, wholesalers, and sales to obtain required paperwork. Be able to integrate these documents into Excel and analyze data integrity
- Collaborating with internal departments to track outstanding deliverables for the program maintenance and implementation
- Maintain knowledge of the healthcare and pharmacy services industry and use this to identify ways to make recommendations to improve our 340B programs and processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3 + years analytical experience
- 2 + years process management experience in analyzing data sets
- Experience providing meaningful updates based off data analytics
- Advanced skills in Excel including but not limited to analyzing data, generating pivot tables
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 340B experience
- Great attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Solid communication skills written and oral
- Self-directed worker
- Serves as a resource to others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.