Provider Engagement Specialist (16162926)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Provider Engagement Representative is responsible for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within Optum, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, and training & development of external provider education programs. Provider Relations Advocates design and implement programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, SNF, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Ensure Network deliverables in support of business development activities for new ISNP/IESNP implementations.
If you reside in Missouri or Kansas, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain overall UnitedHealthcare business relationships with Skilled Nursing Facilities & Assisted Living Facilities
- Support all education opportunities on UnitedHealthcare businesses which include in person and telephonic interactions
- Lead and/or support external facing Account and business review meetings with key Skilled Nursing Facility staff
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines cross functionally within the organization
- Investigate non-standard requests and issues, prior to escalation if needed
- Work exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Salesforce Data Base - update & maintain regularly with information following AR, Bus Review and JOC Meetings with facilities
- Support Post-Acute Priorities
- ISNP and IE-SNP Business Development - assist with planned growth initiatives for ISNP/IE-SNP business
- Education and Training to facilities on Medication Adherence requirements for members
- Provide outreach and education on updated policies, new initiatives, performance, and others as necessary
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View] style="color:blue">http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree
- 2+ years of provider relations or provider network experience
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare/Medicaid regulations
- 1+ years of experience in claims processing and issue resolution
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Must currently reside within Kansas City Metro area
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living Facility
- Experience with Salesforce/Compass databases
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Good organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines from multi-staff members within the department
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [Register to View] .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider Engagement Representative, Skilled Nursing, Provider Relations, Medicare, Optum, SNF's, provider advocate, health care, Medicaid, Medicare, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home, Work at Home, WFH, WAH, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Milwaukee, wi #RPO, #Yellow, hiring immediately