Patient Access Supervisor - Boulder, CO (16161852)
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Our office is located at 4747 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, 80303.
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of daily activities and key functions within the patient access area. Individuals in this role will serve as a lead resource for their team, motivating and inspiring staff to rally behind the mission of BCH, while creating an atmosphere that provides a positive patient experience.
- Work-flow development and optimization
- Team growth and development
- Inter and Intradepartmental collaboration
- Maintenance of staff schedules
- Act as a resource and role model for all team members by answering questions and mitigating issues.
- Navigate difficult conversations resourcefully and respectfully.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- Work in partnership with department trainers to develop and utilize best training practices for orienting new hires and creating educational material
- Train employees and orient them efficiently and accurately to job standards.
- Update reference guides as needed.
- Collaborate with department leadership to ensure messages between staff and leadership are related accurately.
- Facilitates communication between leadership and staff.
- Recognize the need to adapt/improve workflows and identify potential solutions.
- Develop and test new workflows.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, patients, leadership, and staff members in other areas.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Ability to register all patients for any hospital services.
- Interview patient to obtain demographic, billing, and insurance information and complete all registration steps.
- Locate and process provider requisitions.
- Determine insurance eligibility.
- Determine patient payment and collect payment on insured and self-pay accounts.
- Obtain signatures for necessary paperwork including, but not limited to, financial agreements and medical release, etc.
- Supervise Patient Access personnel in the area as designated by the Patient Access Manager
- Complete required Competency Based Orientation and Competency Review forms within the designated timeframe provided from HR
- Interview and hire new staff members in the patient access area, enlisting the help of Senior Patient Access Specialists and Patient Access Manager as needed
- Complete Coaching and Corrective Action (Counseling, Written, Letter of Final, Term, etc.) Records for any designated employee in need of disciplinary action
- Enter API time-keeping system changes and updates, while monitoring designated employees for compliance with the BCH and department attendance policies
- Provide designated staff with method of contact for during working hours in addition to on-call requirements
- Available to cover open-shifts as needed
- Coordinate with Senior Patient Access Specialist to provide coverage of departmental duties during absence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of patient access experience
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook (scheduling meetings and sending e-mails), Microsoft Word (create and send documents) and ability to navigate Window and have excellent keyboarding skills
- Ability to work onsite in Boulder, CO
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Medical terminology experience
- Insurance and billing experience
- Training and supervisory experience
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of insurance, coding, authorizations, and revenue cycle
- Excellent active listening skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills including identifying and acknowledging multiple factors that impact decisions and selecting the best option
- Navigate difficult conversations/scenarios calmly with tact, empathy, wisdom
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Red