Sr Software Engineer - Remote (16149014)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development & testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries, Java & Big Data components
- Working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Address the performance issues and design the solutions to meet low latency needs
- Use Big data technologies to enrich and transform data and conduct data analytics
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc
- Troubleshooting production support issues postdeployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
- Provide automated solutions using Agile framework and DevOps model
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge in Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration systems
- Collaborate with the team to meet project timelines
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Clear and concise communication, able to articulate clearly with Tech & Business teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software engineering, object-oriented and / or functional programming
- 3+ years of experience of Programming experience with Java, Python
- 3+ years of Experience with data modeling, handling structured and unstructured data and building ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of experience Presently working with big data technologies in the public cloud
- 2+ years of experience with Agile software development methodology and associated tools (e.g. Rally)
- 2+ years of experience with CICD process and tools - Jenkins, Automation, GIT, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Fortify Scan, Sonar Cube
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Docker,Kubernetes)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in a healthcare background
- Experience with ETL, SSIS, Azure Data Factory
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub
- Experience developing in Microservices
- Experience developing in SSIS creating and troubleshooting stored procedures
- Experience with application architecture design
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively work independently or with a team as a software developer
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and articulate concerns, issues or inquires in a timely manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.