Mobile Operations Manager - Telecommute in Dallas or Fort Worth, TX (16143561)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Mobile Operations Manager of Practice Support Operations (PSO) provides supervision, coordination and management oversight of all practice support activities within assigned region. This leader is responsible for ensuring compliance with all company goals, directives and objectives. Operations Manager is accountable for ensuring performance of the PSO is achieving outcome targets.
If you are located in Dallas or Fort Worth, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversight of the planning, organization and direction of the activities of the PSO teams
- Provides supervision, development and mentoring, evaluation and management of staff
- Monitors compliance of all metrics
- Ensures PSO is well promoted and properly represented through market engagement
- Research, analyze and prioritize areas of operation alongside data analysts and operations manager
- Provides continual process improvement including all Quality, HEDIS and Focus on Care processes and/or services
- Works collaboratively with Market leadership, Corporate Quality leadership and PBMs in the market to resolve barriers to engaging PCPs or patients with the PSU
- Coordinates and guides integration of new measures or programs as it relates to impact of PSO
- Responsible for creating corrective action plans for metrics off track
- Ensures reporting of PSO activities meet the needs of the Corporate Quality Department and the Market/Regional leadership team and that reporting is received timely and accurately
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school degree or GED
- 4+ years of direct management experience
- Experience reporting on metrics and forecasting
- Experience providing employee feedback, development, and coaching
- Ability to travel 75% of the time in the Dallas metro or up to 3 hours away if needed
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Marketing experience
- Project management or project planning experience
- Experience working in the logistics or transportation industry
- Experience in supporting operations
- Clinical administration experience
- Experience building a team through hiring and selection
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.