Lead Customer Service Representative - Remote (16033959)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide expertise and claims support to the team in reviewing, researching, investigating, processing and adjusting claims
- Review all quality errors for the team identifying coaching opportunities and rebuttals.
- Provide chair side coaching and mentoring to address skill gaps
- Mentor new CFR’s to reduce the training curve and improve quality
- Assist with CFR questions to increase CFR knowledge and team quality
- Ensure P&P’s are read and understood by the team
- Assist with escalated supervisor calls to identify coaching opportunities
- Monitor IEX as back-up to the supervisor to assist with team production and to identify if coaching or assistance is needed
- Process claims according to specific procedures and standards, meeting all positions production, quality and standards.
- Provide the very best service to internal and external customers by taking calls and paying claims during peak times
- Review manually entered claims
- Review CSI tickets with CFR prior to submission
- Review claim quality errors with the CFR’s
- Assist the Supervisor with workforce management tasks and follow up.Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Applies knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day-to-day
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests
- Solves routine problems on own
- Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Works with others as part of a team
- Quality and mentoring/coaching abilities
- Evidence of solid customer service skills, typically acquired through 2 or more years of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform and meet all expectations associated with Customer Service Representative position
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of CPS within UMR processing medical claims experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Customer Service First Representative
- Associate degree (or higher)
- Experience and understanding of healthcare industry
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 - $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 - $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW