Client Services Account Manager - Remote (16143682)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Are you passionate about public health and building relationships with state governments to help their underserved populations become tobacco in vape free? Do you gain energy from strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to manage projects and analyze complex data? Are you motivated by bringing innovative solutions to help people live healthier lives? If so, look no further! Optum partners with 23 state government organizations to provide tobacco cessation quit services to their priority populations. We are looking for a relationship oriented individual to be responsible for the delivery of value to state public health clients. The Client Manager (CM) is required to understand and interpret clients’ business needs and ensure service and delivery excellence for a specific set of Optum products and services that help meet those needs. The CM will be responsible for supporting clients with medium to high complexity solutions, and work with cross functional teams to proactively review client goals and assess opportunities to support achievement of those goals. The CM is responsible for the “client experience” for the solutions managed. The CM’s primarily focus will be on successful product delivery and assistance in renewals of coverage solutions.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serves as the primary day-to-day contacts for our clients
- Must understand and manage client expectation and service needs by building and maintaining positive relationships (both internal and external) and by delivering quality service; thereby enhancing Optum’s reputation in the industry
- Acts as a client advocate and proactively partners with/lead teams to exceed client expectations
- Builds a strong working partnership with the internal stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- The CM will contribute to renewal, identification of expansion/enhancement opportunities, facilitate contract changes and updates as needed
- Provides consultative services to clients to address service delivery needs, to provide quarterly business review meetings, and invite formal and informal feedback on Optum solutions, delivery, innovation, and relationship
- Deliver expected revenue and margins for current and new customers and their solutions
- Constantly assesses the value of our solutions are delivering and collaborate with team members to develop approaches that increase the value we provide and/or increases the impact Optum has on the client’s business
- Engages cross-functional teams on the delivery of relevant products, escalating issues where necessary and driving to resolution
- Manages all service-related issues on a signed book of business
- Investigate, research, and resolve concerns presented by the client
- Identify trends and develop customer specific solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams expertise
- Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of client communications (correspondence, product updates, fulfillment, etc.)
- Partners with sales, product, operations, reporting, finance and other internal partners to ensure smooth and effective implementations
- Demonstrates expertise in relevant solutions through contribution to client meetings and incorporating representation of product and operations, when necessary, in all customer, account management and other internal strategic meetings
- Monitor key performance indicators for all clients, maintaining a client status indicator
- For those where the program performance metrics are not being met, ensure corrective action plans are developed, implemented, and communicated to appropriate stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate activities, analysis, and monitoring/measuring results in partnership with product and operations teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (OR higher) with equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working directly with clients and demonstrating responsibility for strategic client relationship management and consultation
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams
- Public speaking experience
- Experience messaging, positioning and presenting information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Abstinent from tobacco and nicotine
- Ability to travel (25%)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of public health industry
- Knowledge of health insurance industry, products, and services
- Experience with managing state government accounts
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong negotiation, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Ability to effectively navigate and drive results in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Act as a team player and foster a positive work environment
- Creative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management-oriented organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 - $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 - $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW