Lab Specimen Processor (req100167)
To describe the responsibilities of the forensic processor within the Forensic Drug Testing Laboratory. This position reports to the Supervisor, Forensic Processing and is responsible for the routine daily sample processing of the Forensic Toxicology Processing Department. This individual is accountable for all specimen receipt, sorting, data entry and work within the forensic processing department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a preliminary but functional understanding of the QTN Lab Information System
- Sort specimens by source (hair, oral fluid, urine, etc) and work list
- Completes Maxilog Data Entry
- Understands and adheres to strict forensic practices
- Capable of processing urine specimens for regulated and non-regulated testing independently
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Proficient with scanning/imaging all custody and control forms
- Capable of discarding negative specimens
- Performs flexilog on routine urine specimens at 70 CCF?s per hour
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervision Exercised: n/a
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior laboratory experience preferred
Physical and Mental:
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Work in a laboratory environment and adhere to safety requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Practical knowledge of computer systems.
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction