- Remote Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to provide world-class genetic diagnostics and clinical
interpretation for rare inherited diseases in 14 medical specialties. Our
promise is to provide clinicians and their patients with comprehensive and
high-quality tools and resources for diagnosis of genetic conditions. In doing
so, we provide possibilities for targeted treatment and individualized care for
patients. The Genetics Director is responsible for the review and release of
clinical result reports from Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) and NGS-based panels.
The genetics director will assist with regulatory tasks for the laboratory
facility as needed. Additional tasks
include assisting with the training and continuing education of the
interpretation team as well as developing educational material for marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and releases result reports, ensuring a high standard of quality and timely processing.
- Informs the Director of all complaints concerning the validity of test results, turnaround times, and the like.
- Performs quality control for NGS data
- Assists with laboratory regulatory tasks as needed.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Active participation in continuing education series including journal club presentations, assay launch presentations, and complex variant discussions/presentations.
- Represents Blueprint Genetics at national and international conferences.
- Develops and presents educational content, such as webinars, for marketing purposes.
- Travel up to 25% of time
Assists with oversight of the laboratory (wet lab) facility and interpretation team including variant scientists.
- Doctoral degree (MD, PhD) in medical specialty, or related science
- ABMGG certification in good standing in clinical molecular genetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG).
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in a CAP/CLIA laboratory
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and curate pertinent data findings in a clear and detail-oriented manner.
- Preferred NY certificate of qualification or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in team-based setting
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of business, medical, and technical personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of technical aspects of all tests performed and equipment utilized in the discipline for which he/she is responsible.
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Join us for
competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and
supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our
patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
career. Seek it out.
requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity
Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation /
Gender Identity or Citizenship.