Evening Shift Medical Technician- *$4000 Sign On Bonus*
Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma- Enid, OK Monday-Thursday 11:30am-10pm
Quest Diagnostics Job Description
Performs routine lab tests under the guidance of Medical Technologists and Laboratory Supervisor. Sets up and monitors automated test procedures. Performs manual procedures requiring judgment. Uses pre-calibrated and/or automated devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
• Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
• Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
• Review and release test results.
• Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
• Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
• Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
• Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
• Follow department’s procedure in reporting critical results to clients.
• If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
• Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
• Maintain general appearance of the department.
• Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
• Review/train on new procedures.
• Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
• Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
• May perform some moderate-complexity testing with specific on-site training provided.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
Education Preferred: BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or
Work Experience: 1 - 3 year Clinical experience preferred.
Other: Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
Must interact with other departments.
Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important.
Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.