Business Analyst Consultant - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing, and maintaining operational information and models. They also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others' work
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them.
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Authorizes deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members
Are you up for navigating a complex matrix of business units and teams? We share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. It's going to take all you've got to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in business/finance, including analysis experience
- Experience in analysis of business processes and workflows, and providing evaluations, benchmarks, and/or process improvement recommendations
- Proficient in Excel, analyze data, analyze trends and communicate back to internal and external stakeholders
- STARS/HEDIS and/or Risk Adjustment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Alteryx and Tableau
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.