Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Claims - Telecommute (16252526)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Claims team as a Senior Manager, Software Engineering. The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing and setting a high-quality bar for web and mobile apps which assists end users in taking control of their healthcare claims and benefits. The team has a strong and integrated relationship with the product team based on strong collaboration, trust and partnership. Goals for the team are focused on creating meaningful positive impact for our customers through clear and measurable metrics analysis.
As a Senior Manager you will champion engineering best practices, while bringing a fun and energizing experience to work every day for a fully remote team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coach your direct reports to have a fulfilling career path and solid impact on technological evolution
- Support your team’s architectural decision-making through pragmatic analysis and achieving more with less
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn vision into a roadmap
- Maintain a solid culture of engineering excellence and focus on user experience
- Hire astounding engineers
- Maintain open, inclusive and unbiased communication and decision-making practices
- Drive engineering quality and maintain impeccable SLAs
- Define, plan and drive improvements in the design, coding practices and technology
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training
- 8+ years of overall experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience with software development in one or more front-end frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with single page or progress web application development
- 3+ years of experience in managing an engineering team with a solid focus on people management
- Demonstrated solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing through goals and metrics
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience with production debugging, tracking down causes and fixing them in systematic ways
- Experience with authorization frameworks like OAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of Web security, authentication, and applied cryptography
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.