Lead Software Engineer- Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Principal Stack Engineer within the Healthcare Graph team of about 60+ engineers, you will be accountable for driving design and development of data driven applications for Next Generation Health Care Analytics products. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on bringing the healthcare data together. These products use advanced Cloud, Graph and Big Data technologies in analytical space to provide a cutting-edge solution to solve business opportunities. Lot of opportunity to learn and grow with the largest US based Healthcare Knowledge Graph, and deliver Connected Data Analytics products with opportunities to leverage AI/ML in some of them
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Principal Full stack Engineer is responsible for providing technology leadership and hands-on contributions towards a global team of engineers to deliver relevant, timely and insightful information to the business. You will be responsible for developing code and configuring software that builds fantastic single page application for our customers
- Design and implement innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Use Cloud enabled approaches to enrich, transform and analyze data
- Provide technology leadership - Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meeting
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in data engineering, API development and graph-based approaches to analytic development
- Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices, improving performance, etc.
- Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production & operations
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology; or any Bachelor’s degree with additional equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Java / Java EE experience
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience (OR) 5+ years of experience in Angular for UI architecture and hands-on development
- TWO or more of the following:
- Experience with designing and developing REST APIs / Microservices. Java, Spring, Spring boot, Go and NoSQL
- Experience with designing and developing streams-based data processing. Kafka, Spark, Scala, Go
- Exposure to BigData stack. Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra or similar NOSQL
- Exposure to graph databases and graph-based data analysis. Neo4j, TigerGraph, Cosmos DB or similar
- Experience with Agile and CI/CD processes and tools such as Agile CA, Rally, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with graph databases and graph-based data analysis. Neo4j, TigerGraph, Cosmos DB or similar
- Experience working with to BigData/NOSQL stack - Hadoop, HBase,Cassandra or similar
- Exposure using NLP or Machine learning based approaches with Python or TensorFlow
- Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker etc
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.