Policy Manager | Institutional Compliance (149722)
- Supports the Manager, Institutional Compliance, in working with Institutional Policy stakeholders (Governors, Stewards, Content Experts) in discussing changes, reviewing revisions, editing documents, and facilitating the workflow approval process for Institutional Policies. Key efforts include attending all policy-related meetings, including the Multidisciplinary Policy and Procedure Task Force (MDPPTF); distributing and monitoring workflow status reports; and providing style and brand guidance in the revision of Institutional Policies.
- Is intimately familiar with the various Institutional Policy workflow approval processes, MD Anderson brand standards, the Institutional Policy style guide, and the Institutional Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation Policy (#ADM0158).
- Uses the institution's policy management system to access, edit, and update policy-related items including uploading Institutional Policy revisions, ensuring roles are up-to-date, confirming revision summaries are accurate and clear, and ensuring substantive revisions to Institutional Policies have appropriate Implementation Plans.
- Develops relationships with Institutional Policy stakeholders, both formal and informal, to promote efficient and effective revision and approval of Institutional Policies.
- Provides customer support for policy management system use and navigation.
- Proposes innovative approaches to engage Institutional Policy stakeholders.
- Escalates potential problems to the Manager, Institutional Compliance.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Institutional Compliance, to identify issues with and suggest enhancements for the policy management system.
- Distributes communications to Institutional Policy Governors, Stewards, and other key stakeholders when Institutional Policies need approvals or require actions to continue the Institutional Policy development and approval process.
- Provides administrative and logistic support to the Policy Council specific to their area of policy expertise (e.g., Academic Policy Council, Research Policy Advisory Council, Administrative Policy Advisory Council, Multidisciplinary Practice and Clinical Operations Council), to include scheduling meetings, coordinating agendas, creating minutes, disseminating action items, and ensuring that Institutional Policies proceed in a timely fashion following Policy Council review.
Writing and Editing
- Uses established Microsoft Word stylesheets to ensure consistent formatting across all Institutional Policies and attachments.
- Reviews Institutional Polices upon submission to the approval workflow and edits for style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, flow, language, accuracy, and functional hyperlinks. Works with Institutional Policy stakeholders to resolve internal inconsistencies and clarify confusing passages. Monitors and alerts stakeholders of potential impacts to related Institutional Policies.
- Applies critical thinking skills to consider Institutional Policies in the broader context of MD Anderson's operational environment. Keeps up with MD Anderson developments and changes through online resources and institutionwide emails.
- Makes recommendations to combine Institutional Policies, as the opportunities arise.
- Proactively identifies new Institutional Policy stakeholders (Governors, Stewards, Content Experts) when workforce separate from the institution or change roles (updating users).
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Three years writing and editing experience in a health care, legal, educational, or media environment.
May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 149722
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Remote (within Texas only)
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 69,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 87,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 104,400
- Science Jobs: No