Behavioral Health Care Advocate (Field-Based in Greater Baton Rouge, LA)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
The goal of the BH Field Care Advocate (Field-Based in Greater Baton Rouge, LA) role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams. Field Care Advocates work with complex and high-risk needs with a goal of engaging the consumer in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure.
Field-based Behavioral Health Care Advocate is needed this area. Must be able to accommodate field-based travel within this region on a daily basis. You will be in the field up to 80% of the time visiting members in their homes, hospitals and local facilities.
- Provide case management to members to assess for and find solutions to obstacles to care
- Link members to healthcare providers and community supports
- Work with members via telephone and face to face contacts to address healthcare needs
- Provide field visits to members who have been admitted to behavioral health hospitals
- Meet with members in the hospital and their home
- Assist inpatient behavioral treatment team with discharge planning
- Collaborate treatment plans with outpatient providers
- Assist the member with transitioning back into the community following an out of home placement
- Work with members to assist with getting their medications filled, making follow up appointments and arranging transportation to medical appointments
- Explain behavioral health insurance benefits and what behavioral health services are available
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling. License must be clinically independent (i.e. LCSW, LMFT, LPC), active and unrestricted in the state of LA
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health setting
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Access to high-speed internet from home and a dedicated workspace
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel as needed within the designated service delivery area on a daily basis
- Ability to be in the field up to 80% of the time in the territory listed
- Within 30 miles radius of Baton Rouge
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BH Field experience (client’s home, mental health rehab facility, etc.)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience in a community mental health rehab setting
- Experience working in a behavioral health hospital
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Field based work
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.