Territory Manager - Telecommute in Southeast US (16401291)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Recruits, trains and supervises independent Medicare Advantage agents/agencies. This position provides strategic direction and leadership in order to achieve assigned sales/membership growth targets in assigned territory/territories. Independent agents are not employees of Golden Outlook but rather independent sales agents who contract with multiple carriers to sell product portfolios.
If you are located in Southeast US, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Continually recruit, build and nurture independent agent/agency relationships
- Achieve assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of offered products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Ensure agents/agencies appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Organize independent agent/agency activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between independent agents/agencies and sales process owners to ensure agents/agencies are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing and compliance
- Coach and manage agent/agency performance using data and insights to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Conduct ride-along assessments to observe sales techniques/ensure professionalism and strict adherence to CMS compliance regulations
- Conduct regular agent/agency meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Develop community relationships to enhance overall local area marketing. Some examples include hospitals, clinics, senior centers, local associations, etc
- Coordinate and manage local area marketing events
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years Medicare and/or Healthcare sales experience
- 2+ years of business development skills
- Ability to effectively manage business plans and timelines
- Resident State Life and Health Insurance Sales License or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent relationship building skills to communicate value propositions
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.