Business Process Analyst - San Antonio, TX (16399966)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Business Process Manager supports oversight of Enterprise and Department Risk Adjustment Initiatives. This position reports to Risk Adjustment Leadership by providing professional assistance, project management, and recommendations on business needs. Additionally, the role performs operational management work covering a broad range of activities for WellMed and for those CDOs within OptumCare that utilize our risk applications. The position is responsible for providing project coordination across multiple businesses units, analytical assessment of business problems, monitoring organizational performance, and identification of risk to operational plans. Develops various ad hoc reports and status updates to support risk initiatives.
- Ensure the accuracy of Enterprise and Department Risk Adjustment initiatives by corresponding with various internal WellMed departments to gain insight and knowledge on processes
- Build/maintain functional relationships with business area leadership and staff along with a general understanding of individual area workflows
- Partners with departmental leadership and staff to identify/define performance planning/measures, tracking and reporting objectives.
- Assists in leading and/or contributes to effective operational implementation assistance as it pertains to the needs of the Risk Adjustment Department
- Conducts research and analyzes/interprets information on issues and proposals as it pertains to assigned projects and other items tasked by the Risk Adjustment Department
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to manage risk forecasting/mitigation, project progress and issue resolution efforts
- Liaison between internal and external teams to help steer clear communication on business initiatives and WellMed processes to build partnerships
- Accountable for supervising assigned projects and operational collaboration during implementation of new processes
- Develop performance, project status, meeting correspondence and ad hoc reports for consumption by various levels of the Risk Adjustment Department
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree).
- 2+ years of decision support, data analysis, or healthcare operations experience in an academic and/or job setting
- Basic understanding of concepts and practices of project coordination/management and business process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Masters in Health Administration, Finance, Public Health or Business Administration
- Working towards Six Sigma or PMP Certification
- Certification and/or training in a nationally recognized Change Management Methodology
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form clearly and effectively
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, develop a plan and execute the plan through implementation
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management and multiple functional area leaders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.