Float Clinic Administrator at Optum South Orlando Area (16399979)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Float Center Administrator reports to the Supervisor, Support Services and is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the Health Center in conjunction with the physician(s), Regional Manager of Operations, and Regional Medical Director in providing effective leadership to center teammates and overseeing the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to clinical and administrative teammates
- Assists and supports teammates with the development and implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, budgets and reporting tools and change
- Promotes a team approach to delivering quality, cost-effective care to where patient satisfaction is the primary goal
- Prepares annual capital equipment and operating budgets for the Health Center. Monitors departmental activities and justifies variances when necessary. Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs
- Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed
- Works in conjunction with designated Medical Director, Regional Manager and regional team to enhance provider satisfaction. Assists in resolving provider-related issues when necessary
- Monitors the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization
- Propose, plan and direct facility expansion and enhancement projects when required. Maintains a professional facility appearance that meets patients’ expectations
- Enhances Health Center visibility through community involvement
- Reports progress, operational issues, organizational opportunities and threats to the regional team on a monthly basis or as needed
- Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, CAHPS, HOS, etc. Responds as appropriate
- Ensure staff compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for team development including recruitment, counseling, mentoring and termination of teammates
- Adheres and monitors compliance with all to learn and implement appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Consistent, punctual and reliable attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or a degree in health care field; equivalent experience accepted
- 5+ years of experience in a Primary Care setting
- 3+ years of experience in a management capacity
- Healthcare industry experience within managed care and/or medical group operations environment
- Ability to travel to/from medical centers during the course of a normal workday at any time due to business need
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.