Manager, Provider Liaisons - Telecommute (16398910)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Manager, Provider Liaisons, you will be supporting a new business build from the ground up for the next several years. In this role, you will supervise the daily activities of the business, including direct engagement with providers and collaboration with existing UnitedHealth Group departments, processes, and technologies. This position requires a motivated self-starter with a blend customer service experience, provider negotiation, process knowledge, and solid analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages and is accountable for a team of Provider Liaisons who will engage directly with healthcare providers or their delegates to negotiate reimbursement amounts on behalf of the consumers referred to Naviguard
- Leverages operational reports to analyze and monitor individual and team performance; Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Accountable for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of own team
- Sets own and specialty team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to team members
- Adapts team plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Develops and/or implements operational processes to support Naviguard strategy, designs, and plans
- Demonstrates understanding of Standard Operating Procedures and manages staff accordingly; Identifies and shares best practices (e.g., payment methodologies; negotiation tactics) with colleagues
- In collaboration with a Director of Provider Liaisons, leads a specialty team to identify, analyze, and solve process problems in order to improve the operations and/or negotiation processes
- In partnership with relevant stakeholders, identifies operational opportunities and completes root cause analysis to drive resolution
- Has solid familiarity with all provider types, reimbursement methodology, and negotiation strategy as well as an understanding of the non-participating provider market dynamic
- Assimilates negotiation data quickly to support the team in active negotiations
- Receives and resolves any escalated consumer issues or complaints
- Collaborates with Patient Advisor Supervisors to ensure positive outcomes for Naviguard consumers
- Provides one on one coaching and conducts performance reviews of Provider Liaisons
- Oversees recruitment, hiring, and training of the Provider Liaisons
- Demonstrates understanding of and utilizes system tools and other resources to maintain high level of responsiveness to team members, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Remains current on all relevant trainings and operational updates
- Represents department in internal meetings to gather relevant information, present/recommend solutions, and provide updates on results/decision/activities
- Embodies, drives, and supports organizational culture
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of provider negotiation experience OR negotiation experience on behalf of a medical office or other healthcare providers, experience with call center management, ability to quickly identify, analyze and solve process/workflow problems to improve the negotiation process
- 2+ years of leadership and management experience
- Experience with UnitedHealth Group departments and systems, particularly network management, network negotiation or provider services
- Experience managing multiple, intersecting business unit relationships
- Healthcare experience
- Familiarity with contracting methodologies and processes employed by UHC network management
- Ability to quickly establish productive relationships through electronic and telephonic means which are beneficial to both Naviguard and the provider
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to tailor know solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly changing business
- Ability to influence complicated courses of action when others are directly accountable for outcomes
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for helping consumers navigate the complicated healthcare system
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to providers in a compassionate yet firm manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.