Business Analyst - Remote (16398906)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology, and global resources to make it happen.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds across the business and IT to support the operational data flow for the HouseCalls program. You'll be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and reviewing opportunities to improve data quality through process improvements, data life cycle management and data governance initiatives.
What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the client configuration of member plans to assist in the roll-out of HouseCalls program
- Identify, analyze, and review opportunities to improve member data quality via client rosters and supplemental data (i.e., provider, claims, labs)
- Present analysis and recommendations for cross-functional operational review and approval
- Develop, recommend, and implement process improvements through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Working with business and IT partners to remediate identified gaps using both manual and automated solutions
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert for data-centric business and technology initiatives, projects and/or programs
- Ongoing management and maintenance of HouseCalls data policies, standards, and processes
- Exhibits confidence and expertise with presentations, customer service, business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. The challenge is in developing, enhancing, and maintaining operational information and models. You'll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience with analyzing data and identifying data quality improvements
- Experience and working knowledge of data management principles and data quality practices. Understands data structures and relationship between data, business rules, and functions
- Experience using SQL to extract, query, and analyze data
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office. Must have experience using Excel - pivot tables, v-lookup and other basic-to-intermediate formulas, and the manipulation of flat files
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with process mapping, documenting controls and implementing policies/procedures
- Ability to multi-task with solid attention to detail and analytical skills
- Solid work ethic with a highly positive, hands-on, can-do attitude, and flexible team player
- Solid problem solving, analytic, and diagnostic skills
- Communicate effectively across the organization, having a solid customer service orientation and solid results orientation
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 5 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.