Centralized Market Sales Manager, Government Plans - Western U.S. Telecommute (16394928)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Centralized Market Sales Manager, in a primarily virtual setting, will focus on building and growing a productive, efficient, and compliant team of independent sales agents, third-party referral sources, and key internal and external strategic partners in order to achieve assigned sales targets. They will translate market strategies into specific tactics with measurable goals.
If you are located in Western U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Learn about and deeply understand the assigned market, including available products, networks, competitors, historical performance, past and upcoming changes to the market, market nuances (cultural and ethnic make-up, traffic flows and patterns, neighborhoods, preferred hospitals and providers), prior and future disruptions, key agencies and producers, market share, etc.
- Develop and execute an effective business plan to achieve objectives, including recruiting, sales events, market partnerships, training, engagement, and communication
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert SME in all areas of the market and the products available. Have a deep understanding of the local product portfolio (MA, SNP, MedSup, PDP), available providers, applicable rules and regulations that apply to sales and marketing, compliance, and UHC processes and procedures
- Achieve recruiting goals by increasing the number of licensed, contracted, certified and producing agents as needed to achieve sales goals, including recruitment of agents with ethnic, cultural, and language backgrounds and abilities that reflect the market population. Increase producing agents and sales per agent. Assist with the creation of agent business plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Engage and communicate with agents effectively and frequently through various means to build relationships and motivate agents to sell more UHC products. Share ideas and best practices, offer solutions, facilitate professional networking, and introduce incentives as appropriate
- Build, maintain, deepen, and leverage internal and external strategic relationships that create sales opportunities. External relationships include, but are not limited to key agencies, community organizations, professional associations, provider groups, non-profits, financial advisors, food banks, etc.
- Oversee the creation of appropriate sales, product, and technical trainings and schedules. Conduct regular sales related training, focusing on increasing sales, overcoming objections, expanding markets, selling the full portfolio, presentation skills, prospecting, etc.
- Create and execute effective resource sharing strategies, including lead routing, kiosk assignments, community meeting assignments, and participation in other UHC agency incentive programs as appropriate. Monitor for effectiveness and adjust accordingly
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in structured sales, service or business development
- A state life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Experience giving presentations to all level leaders of organization including senior managers/executives
- Knowledge of health insurance industry and/or Medicare
- Proficient with technology resources (computers/mobile devices, Internet, social media platforms & networks, software applications, virtual presence, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Live in Western U.S. in Pacific or Mountain time zone
- Active health insurance license
- Telesales experience
- Experience managing/leading a sales team
- Experience in corporate training
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Creative thinker with proven track record of innovative ideas
- Incredible relationship building skills and ability to work virtually to engage customers
- Self-starter who can work with minimal guidance, seeking guidance on most complex tasks
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to think innovatively and creatively and resolve complex matters
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills