Administrative Assistant - San Antonio, TX (16396249)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Provides a wide variety of clerical support to the DataRAP® departments and/or managers. Serves as a liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to the assigned department. The Team Associate will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of DataRAP® programs and processes. Team Associate will provide support to the nursing staff, coding analysts, and managers to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met; to include DataRAP® processes with internal and external departments to ensure optimal customer service.
- Receives and responds to incoming inquiries from all communication venues: (e.g. DataRAP® Hotline, DataRAP® QRA mailbox, Splitter application/DataRAP® Medical Record fax, and etc.)
- Assistance in annual scanning and chart review process
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Maintaining the provider administration tool and member reconciliation tool
- Data entry from datamining spreadsheets
- Daily reporting for all aspects of DataRAP® department
- User acceptance testing for multiple applications related to DataRAP® processes
- Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Attends required meetings and participates in special committees as needed
- Providing clerical support to the DataRAP® Clinical Coding Nurses, Medical Coding Analyst and to the providers participating in the DataRAP® process
- Compiling and maintaining data used by the managers to make clinical team assignments
- Administrative aspects of IRR process and maintain confidentiality
- Reconciling vendor invoicing
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative support experience, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience managing multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Medical Assistant training or certification
- Experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital preferred
- Experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Experience in processing invoicing
- Knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 CM guidelines and coding
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.