Provider Advocate (16394940)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. This is a remote opportunity; however, we are unable to consider applicants in the following states for this opportunity due to restrictions: California, Georgia, Alabama.
As Provider Advocate, your role will be to manage existing Optum accounts and drive growth in those accounts serviced by sales; and support providers, patients, sales and operations and other teams such as payer relations, industry relations, Financial Assistance Department, pharmacist team, etc.
The role entails 2 core areas:
The first component is a Patient Care Coordinator; obtaining support documents for prior authorizations, partnering with prior authorization coordinators and other Sales Support teams, ensuring patients are getting through the pharmacy system in a timely manner as to not delay treatment, provider clarification support with pharmacist team, supporting financial assistance when requested from patient, setting up deliveries for patients, handling inbound/outbound calls, addressing issues, handling concerns and escalations from providers, patients, sales and other corresponding departments and sites.
The second component is that of Client Service Management; responsibilities entail partnering with sales team to drive revenue, effectively managing client business, and building relationships. Travel will be less than 25%.
- Problem-solve with decisiveness and urgency and escalate to operations partners, team leads, management and other stakeholders
- Ensure patients and providers are supported by following escalation through to finish
- Ensure communication between providers and sales is completed and issues are raised to management
- Works as a liaison with operations partners letting them know of any patient or practice issues/concerns
- Identifies and notifies the provider when it may be necessary to reach out to a patient who is not responding
- Enters notes/information into pharmacy processing system
- Respond professionally and appropriately to team members who have not followed process and provide examples of process
- Focus on patient care and quality assurance
- Excellent communication, upselling Optum services to Providers
- Promote and educate on Optum tools (Patient Portal, Provider Portal, Optum Connections, etc.)
- Able to work flexible hours
- All other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View]
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or 5+ years of pharmacy or customer service experience
- Pharmacy Technician license, or ability to obtain, if required by state law
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Previous experience in pharmacy or healthcare
- Preferred experience with a complex pharmacy system
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification, current and in good standing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to establish and execute action plans; able to share your past successes
- A strong business acumen and ability to make good judgments
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be diplomatic when faced with conflict, and always communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to produce quality results with a detail-oriented focus
- Strong basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Professional demeanor and courteous attitude
- General knowledge of pharmacy laws, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of insurance and third-party billing systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, Avella, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, provider advocate services, remote, nationwide, telecommute, work from home, work at home, hiring immediately, #RPO,#Green