Optum CCM Market Vice President - Telecommute in North Carolina (16390837)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Vice President (VP) is responsible for carrying out the strategic priorities and vision of the market in conjunction with the Optum at Home and Post-Acute Product Strategy and Clinical teams. The VP is responsible for ensuring execution on quality and affordability initiatives relative to in the market. The role leads the execution of the day to day tactics of managing growth and profitability of the P&L in the market. The role also tracks and manages daily, weekly and monthly performance related to health plan sales, membership, STARs, HCC coding, RAF, and hospital utilization. The VP also works with local C&S teams to support growth & profitability agenda - interfacing with bid filing strategies, benefit design, and distribution channels. The VP owns the relationship management with local UHC Government Programs teams, supporting growth and profitability strategies—interfacing with bid filing strategies, benefit design, distribution channels, and external provider groups in the post-acute space (hospitals, primary care, ACOs, home health, etc.).
If you are located in North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Has direct P&L impact including budgeting, forecasting and actual performance
- Responsible for ensuring execution on quality and affordability initiatives relative to Optum At Home (OAH) and Post-Acute (PAC) community products in the market
- Responsible for carrying out the strategic priorities in conjunction with the OAH and PAC Product Strategy and Clinical teams
- Works with local C&S leadership to support their growth agenda - interface with filing strategies, benefits, and distribution channels
- Tracks and manages profitability and daily performance - STARs, RAF/HCC, utilization, growth, OAH reach/engagement rate
- Coordinate and Collaborates across the complex matrix structure and multiple Optum teams and touchpoints (CCM, HouseCalls, United Clinical Services, etc.)
- Manages the local market relationships with other lines of business, including M&R, C&S, UHN, and external provider groups in the post-acute space (Home Health, Hospitals, ACOs, etc.)
- Provides leadership and direction, and skill development to the local cross functional leadership team
- Develops the appropriate product, marketing, sales, clinical, and operating strategies to maximize revenue and profit
- Promotes a positive image of UnitedHealthcare and Optum with local providers, state regulators, and customers
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Reviews expense drivers and create plans to reduce waste and increase the affordability of our products
Positions in this function include those responsible for planning and directing all aspects of a site, state or region's operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsibilities include day to day site operations, network negotiations, management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actual) Manages the P&L of a site, state or multiple states. Manage daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across one or more sites. Project management and implementation related to Health Plans, ISNP or Hospice programs
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a Medicare industry, at-risk managed care environment
- Experience in strategic planning and development
- Demonstrated successful leadership skills in program execution and people management
- Proven leadership skills in both internal and external environments
- Ability to execute to short and long term growth and profitability targets
- Degree in business administration, health care, MBA
- Long term care or nursing home experience
- P&L/budgetary experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.