Research Assistant II - Cancer Biology
- Depending on interest and lab needs, may perform and be trained in any of the following techniques: human tissue culture; basic and original immunology experiments, immunofluorescence staining and fluorescence microscopy, Flow cytometry, basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (RNA, DNA and protein) including Western blotting and PCR; mice tumor growth and treatment experiments, mice colony handling and related tasks.
- Willing to learn and perform basic and advanced molecular techniques.
- Must have measurable experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, be able to accurately pipet, follow protocols and perform accurate calculations as needed for the conduct of the work.
- Must maintain accurate, detailed records and experimental data and protocols,
- Communicates and summarize results for presentations, peer-reviewed publications and internal communications.
- Performs common lab routine maintenance as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Required: One year experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 152239
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,500
- Science Jobs: Yes