Hematopathologist - AMP - Seattle, WA
PhenoPath Laboratories, a Quest Diagnostics Company, is a national reference laboratory in Seattle, WA with sub-specialty expertise in hematopathology and solid tumor pathology.
PhenoPath is recruiting a full-time Hematopathologist with at least 3-5 years of attending-level experience. The successful candidate will report flow cytometry, IHC, PCR, FISH, CISH, and routine morphology, in either full consultation cases or more limited client-directed testing, including biopharma support, a growth area of PhenoPath’s business.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Using histology, cytology, histochemistry/special stains, flow cytometry, IHC, PCR, CISH, and FISH to render both primary and consultative Hematopathology diagnoses
• Functioning in a collegial manner with all staff, including participating in occasional Saturday flow cytometry call, coordinating time off to ensure adequate service coverage, and providing timely review of difficult cases when a second opinion is sought
• Assuming a leadership role in PhenoPath’s Flow Cytometry or IHC Laboratories, with participation in medical oversight, new antibody validations, proficiency testing, etc.
• Being available to customers, client services, and staff to answer questions
• As appropriate, interfacing with other pathologists or scientists at Quest Diagnostics
• Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, employees, clients, vendors, and the company
• Maintaining appropriate licensure/accreditation and keeping abreast of key developments in hematopathology
• Supporting the medical director in maintaining a safe work environment
• Performing other assigned duties on an as-needed basis
• Board certification in anatomic and/or clinical pathology
• Fellowship training and board certification in Hematopathology
• 3-5 years post-fellowship sign out experience
• Excellent working knowledge of the diagnostic techniques mentioned above
Please visit [ Link removed ] - [Register to View] , click “Job Search”, and following the prompts. Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Contact: [ Link removed ] - [Register to View]