VP Product Mktg Renal Tech
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides strategic and tactical leadership for assigned product line(s). Responsible for the financial health of the product line(s) and ensuresthe pipeline of innovative products provides a growingannuity of profitable returns. Leads and directsthe activities of assigned marketing team. Ensuressuperior service, via direct reports, to all customers. Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual forecasted sales plan and for profit growth for assignedproduct sales. Interfaces with external and internalcustomers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic leadership of overall objectives through the application of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to effect positive change and/or create organizational structure within product marketing team.
- Directs the outcome-driven innovation and product lifecycle management (PLM) processes for identifying, developing, and launching new productsthat increase revenueswhile expanding margins.
- Assesses sales strategies on an annual basis and reassesses on a quarterly or monthly basis,as needed, based on financialand volume assessment metrics. Recommends changes to sales plans and strategies, as appropriate to the businessand customer needs.
- Leads the development of product strategies for assigned productline that ties to the overall businessstrategies.
- Oversees the creationof product roadmaps, supported by tacticalmarketing execution plansand corresponding budgets,for each assigned productline.
- Leads the development of tactics to include advertising, brochures, direct mail campaigns, sales literature, videos, medical education, and slide programs, according to strategy and within agreed-upon budgets.
- Leads team to achieve or exceed target sales goals and develop marketing strategies and initiatives that will drive business outcomes and supportthe needs of the sales team.
- Balances an understanding of key markets/customers against corporate growthand profitability objectives to develop and meet annual revenue/operating expensebudgets and periodic re-forecasts.
- Forecasts and operates within own specific annual Operating Expense Budget (OPEX) as well as providing oversight for all Department OPEX Budgets underresponsibility.
- Provides thematic direction for industry tradeshows (to marketingcommunications) and ensuresbooths are staffedappropriately to secure an appropriate return on investment for the business. Partners with MarketingCommunications to developstrategies to grow the business.
- Develops and maintains libraryof sales supportand education materialsto ensure a tight linkagebetween sales and marketing.
- Presents routine financial related results to executives. Recommends different and varioussales and marketing strategies, reports on market data and customertrends.
- Develops, updates, and implements an inclusive business plan to meet objectives for the SVP, Sales & Marketing - Renal Technologies Group
- Maintains solid workingrelationships with Sales,Finance, Operations, Administration, Customer Service, MedicalAffairs, Legal, and Compliance departments
- Represents the company in the community and industry with the higheststandard of excellence and decorum in keeping with the Corporation's Mission Statement and Values Declarations.
- Directs and oversees the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and procedures relevant to the assigned functional area(s).
- Ensures budgets and schedules are within companyrequirements with significant organizational responsibility for overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and the recommendation and implementation of current practices.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws andregulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching to all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee relations issues.
- Collaborates with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of futureleaders within the organization. Provides technical guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work to be performed in corporate/office settings(company and/or customer).
Travel (up to 30%) will be required.
Responsible for the direct supervision of variouslevels of Product Marketing staff.
Bachelor's Degree requiredin Marketing, Science, Business Administration, or related field;Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Minimum 15+ years of progressive marketing/product management experience which includes at least 5 - 7 years in the healthcare/medical device industry; 5+ years of experience internal senior management role, or 10+ years of external experience in senior management level role.
Proven success in developing and launching successful new products in regulated, healthcare environments. U.S. nephrology healthcare market segment experience highly preferred.
Ability to develop strategic and tactical marketing plans to support company goals.
Fluency with outcome driven innovation and gated approachto product lifecyclemanagement.
Proven ability of working with a strong sales and marketingrecord. Must have strong knowledge of fiscal budgetpreparation.
Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesiveand productive teams.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to representthe company within the local community, trade shows, and within the renal technologies arena.
Ability to presentand communicate ideas and programs in a clear and succinctmanner, especially to the Executive team
Ability to influenceothers within and outsideof the Organization. Must be able to developstrong relationships with customers
Proven ability to motivate and mentor the workforce- strong leadership qualities.
Business acumen and the analyticalskills required to make sound decisions.
Must be able to work cross functionally within the organization, particularly with Sales, Customer Service, Operations, FMS, Medical Affairs Office, Legal, Corporate Compliance, Distribution, Manufacturing.
Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.