clinic administration assistant
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Secretary/ Receptionist performs general clerical support and office duties for the department and its Management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs basic administrative functions including preparation of business correspondence, memorandums, informational packages, training materials and reports.
- Assists with scheduling.
- Maintains calendar and daily schedules.
- Maintains departmental tracking logs.
- Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate location or person as needed.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems and basic databases as applicable.
- Performs routine general office duties such as filing, copying, and scanning.
- Provides general clerical support to management staff including scheduling meetings, routing phone calls and taking messages.
- Records minutes of meetings and providing the resulting documents as necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Maintains inventory of the necessary office forms and supplies.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of office procedures required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.