Support Services Trainer
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Ensures the provision of high quality service levels by developing, planning and executing competency-based training and development programs for Fresenius Vascular Care Front Desk Coordinators (FDC) including new hire orientation, processes and procedures, skill development, and providing ongoing training of personnel to address identified issues and areas of concern. Acts as the department liaison for FVC service enhancements and/or new products from FVC Quality, Regulatory, Medical or Operations and/or JACHO to create mandatory training or improvements to current training and procedures. Performs Quality Assurance audits reviewing and analyzing department processes, procedures and service levels developing action plans to ensure resolution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes thorough and advanced knowledge and experience of services provided, of FVC Support Services and Revenue Cycle department systems and standard operating procedures to plan, design and develop training material and lesson plans for delivery to the Front Desk Coordinators (FDC). Plans and conducts audits of services provided, identifying areas of concern and underperformance, developing action plans - including training- to address these issues.
- Develops, designs, prepares, coordinates and delivers experience-based training curricula, content for all new FDC's to fully prepare the employee for the particular role. Content includes Vascular Care processes and procedures, orienting new employees to company standards, protocols, and practices, providing training in telephone skills, business etiquette, and customer service standards and procedures, and the pertinent computer system applications.
- Develops, designs, plans and conducts training for current employees to ensure understanding of clinical procedures, computer applications, and work flow procedures through demonstration, and/or written and/or verbal communications. Frequently reviews and evaluates material updating and making improvements to the training curriculum as necessary.
- As part of the Quality Assurance audits, conducts needs assessments for FDC's and Revenue Cycle Dept. staff, determines the best method of training and adjusts training content to meet the individual needs and address deficiencies to ensure the provision of consistent and high level service. Conducts monthly or quarterly evaluations to ensure strong on-going performance of all personnel. Responds to feedback regarding the performance levels of the department personnel addressing underperformance issues with targeted education and training action plans to ensure improved outcomes.
- Maintains and updates training materials and other resources such as for Orientation, Refresher classes, Helpful Hints, Frequently Asked Questions to aid employees in professional and personal development. .
- Participates in conference calls with operations, marketing, billing and management in order to keep current on service line updates, changes to work flow processes, and implementation of new computer systems. Communicates information regarding new/changed process to the pertinent staff in a timely manner
- Maintains database to monitor provision of training programs and to track individual employee training program participation. Provides reports and status updates to managers as appropriate, highlighting concerns and issues as needed.
- Utilizes subject matter expertise and knowledge to provide guidance and support to facility/center managers, billing management and clerical personnel regarding questions pertaining to FVC systems processes and/or systems.
- Responsible for creating an effective and professional adult learning environment for training programs.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all Joint Commission standards and procedures for FDC personnel providing information to FMCNA Compliance department as requested. Assists with tracking various Compliance training requirements as needed.
- Participates and contributes in meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Significant travel throughout the region is required (80% of the time)
High school diploma required
Advanced education preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 + years' experience in a healthcare billing/front desk/customer service role with at least 1-2 years' experience in billing/FDC/customer service within an Interventional Radiology practice without a Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of experience in healthcare billing/front desk/customer service with a Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation in front of large groups
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and education.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and reprioritize as needed.
- Strong PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP with PhonePro, Imagine, NextGen experience a plus.
- Able to adapt quickly to change and implement appropriate processes and systems.
- Ability to work independently with a wide degree of latitude.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.