Sr Product Manager
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages the product management efforts (market research, commercialization of new products/features, market access, and product life-cycle management) for assigned product(s) in the global Home Hemodialysis market segment (with a focus on Europe, Middle East & Africa). Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and executives to help set the strategic direction. Works to develop, execute/implement, and communicate overall product roadmaps and strategies. Assists with establishment and execution of short and long term goals and objectives for product management efforts, ensuring alignment with divisional and company strategic plans.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads market opportunity identification, product definition, responsible for defining product strategy and roadmap for global HHD products with an emphasis on EMEA region
- Supports the development of business plans to secure resources to develop and commercialize a regular cadence of new/updated product offerings or enter new markets
- Gathers and applies market research, competitive analysis, and user needs from EMEA region, leveraging regional/country marketing teams and other VOC sources as needed
- Drives product innovation with improved value proposition and reduced costs & burden
- Functions as central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing and distribution as products are developed or adapted for market expansions
- As central Product Management resource for local product marketing, leads commercialization efforts for new/expanded products for EMEA, ensuring proper internal training on product launches and providing guidance for regional and country marketing teams to develop tools for successful product introductions and field/national accounts to drive adoption
- Engage Finance to maintain a global view of P&L performance for products.
- Lead cross-functional commercialization teams for relevant products/geographies,
- Market, Customer and user needs assessments for assigned geographies, leveraging market research and Voice of Customer activities, inclusive of clinical, economic and operational/workflow needs
- Product scope definition for pre-development and development efforts, prioritizing solution concepts, evaluating commercial viability, and defining comprehensive offerings
- Product business cases, business requirements and user needs documents
- Commercialization plans for new and derivative products
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel 20-30% to conduct business at various locations (imanufacturing sites, customer offices/clinics, and trade shows).
Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration with strong technical skills
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in Med Tech in product management, product strategy or development
- Proven track record as a business leader in growth, turn-around and cost cutting business environments
- Experience working across international stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Collaboration skills are a must and demonstrated work experience across cultures is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Maintains pro-active approach to all situations, with ability to anticipate problems and come up with appropriate solutions.
- Exercises sound, independent judgment.
- Requires knowledge of all MS Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.